Saudi security forces foil car bombing attack, kill two men
An official source at the Saudi Ministry of Interior said Tuesday that security forces in Riyadh foiled a car bomb attack earlier in the day when they clashed with "terrorists" and killed two of them.
The source told SPA the "terrorist act was about to be executed," but the reaction by security men had aborted the terrorists' plan. The security men clashed with the "terrorists" and got them out of their hideouts. The clash led also to the seizing of the vehicle which was prepared for bombing.
The measures of identifying the two killed and arresting others involved with them were still under way, the report added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three killed in attempted car bombing attack north of Baghdad as police detain six men with ''links'' to al Qaeda
- Two Saudi security men wounded in attempt to arrest '\'terrorists'\'
- Sudanese '\'inadvertently'\' killed by Saudi security forces
- Palestinian, two Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza Strip; Israel says it foiled massive bombing attack
- Report: Saudi Arabia foils another attempt to attack oil refinery