Saudi security forces kill three ''wanted persons''
An official source of the Saudi Interior Ministry said that security forces, prompted by an investigation and a follow-up information surrounded at 9 pm Thursday evening a site in Al-Safa district in Jeddah province, where a number of wanted persons were hiding, SPA reported Friday.
The wanted persons started firing by using different types of weapons at the security forces who encountered them.
As a result, three of the wanted persons were killed, one was arrested and one security man was slightly injured.
On Thursday, a Saudi group linked to Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for Wednesday's Riyadh bombing attack, which targeted a special security forces building.
A statement by the group calling itself the Al-Haramain Brigades, which was published by at least two websites, said the attack targeted special security and anti-terrorism units in the Kingdom. The group also promised fresh attacks on government targets. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Arabia: Two gunmen killed, three security men wounded in clash
- Saudi security forces kill wanted suspect in Riyadh
- Following Monday shootout, Saudi security forces look for additional nine ''terrorists''
- Saudi security man killed in clash with armed suspects
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout