Second Palestinian Killed in Gaza Street Battles Tuesday
A second Palestinian was shot dead by Israeli forces during fierce clashes in the flashpoint area of Netzarim in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, hospital officials said.
Earlier, a young Palestinian man was shot dead on Tuesday when he came under fire from Israeli soldiers in the flashpoint area of Netzarim in the Gaza Strip, hospital officials said.
He was identified as Fahim Abu Amunah, 21, who was hit in the head by a live bullet and died instantly.
He was among around 100 youths throwing stones at Israeli soldiers who responded by opening fire on the demonstrators.
It was the first death reported following an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians for a ceasefire to try to quell days of deadly street battles that have killed more than 50 people and wounded more than 1,000 -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Street Battles in Gaza, Israeli Rockets Hit Buildings, 50 Palestinians Injured
- Israel Strikes Gaza for Second Time Tuesday
- Second Palestinian youth dies from Israeli soldiers' bullets Friday
- At least 46 Palestinians dead Tuesday as Gaza-Israel violence enters 15th day
- Gaza’s new battle for water, power and shelter