Second Palestinian Youth Shot Dead in West Bank Clashes
A Palestinian youth was shot dead by Israeli gunfire Tuesday in clashes in the northern West Bank town of Jenin, the second killed in the day, hospital officials said.
Nimr Yusif Meraei, 22, what shot in the heart with a live bullet in what were relatively light clashes between Israeli soldiers posted near the southern entrance of Jenin and dozens of Palestinian youths.
His death raises to 140 the number of people killed in almost four weeks of violence between Israelis and Palestinians.
Earlier Tuesday, 16-year-old Nidal Al-Dbeiki was fatally shot in the stomach in clashes with Israeli troop near the Erez crossing point in the Gaza Strip, according to officials at Gaza's Shifa hospital.
A total of 80 Palestinians have were wounded by Israeli fire across the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, 19 of them at Erez, the hospital said.
Tuesday morning, another Palestinian boy, Iyad Shaath, 13, died from a bullet wound to the head he received during clashes on Saturday with Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint near the Khan Yunis refugee camp where he lived - (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Third Palestinian in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes
- Israeli soldiers kill five Palestinians, including boy and girl, in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands
- Two Palestinians Killed in Clashes, One Dies of Injuries