Security forces prevent bomb scare in southern Turkey
A car bomb that exploded in Hatay, Turkey, left 43 people dead in 2013. (AFP/File)
Approximately 600-700 grams of remote controlled explosives placed under a vehicle in Turkey’s southern Hatay province has been destroyed by security forces, a province governor said Sunday.
Governor Ercan Topaca said that police patrol squad early Sunday spotted a suspicious package placed under a car that belonged a Syrian citizen who has lived in Turkey’s border district of Cilvegozu for three months.
“The explosive has been defused without causing any loss of life or property,” Topaca said.
According to the initial investigation report, the bomb was approximately 600-700 grams and installed in two separate packages. The remote controlled bomb assembly system had been connected with magnets to the car.
“Security officials continue their investigations to find the perpetrator of the incident,” Topaca said.