Security Measures at Egyptian Embassy in Washington Tightened
By Mohammed Al Baali
In the wake of rising attacks on Muslims and Arabs in the US, the Egyptian embassy in Washington has asked for increased American protection for all Egyptian diplomatic offices.
According to local press reports, the Egyptian embassy and consulates in the US have begun implementing a plan to ensure the safety of the Egyptian community and learn about their needs.
The Egyptian ambassador to Washington, Nabil Fahmi, called upon the American authorities not to jump to conclusions regarding the identity of those responsible for the terrorist attacks last Tuesday, and to secure accurate information on the subject.
Hatred, threats and assaults on Arabs and Muslims have erupted throughout the US since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington.
Radical Islamists and Arabs, particularly the Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, have been accused of being behind the attacks.
- Emirati Students in US Urged to be Cautious in Wake of Attacks
- Ambassador Confirms Egyptians Among Victims in US Terror Attacks
- Iran press warns against attacking Muslims in and outside of the US
- Four Egyptians Return Home after Terror-linked Interrogation in US
- US Reassures Egypt on Situation of Detained Nationals