Senior Hamas leader says EU made ''big mistake'' by blacklisting movement
The European Union made a "big mistake" by blacklisting Hamas as an outlawed "terrorist organization", but the move won't affect the movements' resistance operations, a top leader of the Palestinian group said.
Hamas leader in Syria Khaled Mashaal said as the group's
resources came from Arabs and Muslims, the EU ban would not
affect Hamas' struggle against Israel's occupation of
"Europe has made a big mistake by taking this decision,"
he told the AP on Sunday. It was "an aggression against the Palestinian people, rather than Hamas. It is a kind of compliance with Israel and submission to American pressures." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Intelligence services of EU member states to make recommendations on Hamas blacklisting
- Hamas leader: martyrdom operations to continue
- Following Saddam capture: Hamas, Islamic Jihad say Iraqi resistance against occupation to continue, US to pay ''price''
- Hamas chief looks for prisoners exchange deal, Olmert rejects
- European Union blacklists Hamas as ''terror group''