Senior Iran cleric: No retreat regarding nuclear rights
Tehran's substitute Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati said Iranian people and scientists have been mobilized to access peaceful nuclear energy and will never retreat from their decision.
Speaking to thousands of worshipers at Tehran University campus, Jannati said the US is trying hard for issuing a resolution against Iran at the UN Security Council and is also doing its utmost to make the world society pessimistic towards Iran through launching a sychological war. He went on to say, "Violation of human rights and lack of democracy are among other US accusations against Iran and Washington is trying to cause disunity through such claims."
US has failed in Afghanistan, Lebanon and Palestine and its policies in the Middle East was a fiasco, and it is trying to cover up these failures, Ayatollah Jannati said, according to IRNA.
"Some people say Shia Muslims are killing Sunnis in Iraq," Jannati said, adding,"I must say it is neither Shia nor Sunni Muslims, but such actions are being done in Iraq with support of the US and UK and in the name of fighting against terrorism."
- Iranian cleric hails ”shoe Intifadha”
- Shia cleric Sayed Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah to appear on BBC Arabic's Fil Sameem with Hasan Muawad
- Senior cleric: Iran has ''red lines'' regarding NPT protocol
- Iranian cleric says ”world of arrogance” is lying regarding nuclear plan
- Senior cleric: Iran gained nuclear victory