Senior Iranian official meets Russian leaders
Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Larijani on Saturday met with Russian President Vladimir Putin, IRNA reported. At the meeting, held at the Presidential Residence in Novo Ogaryovo outside Moscow, Larijani voiced satisfaction with the meeting and underlined the decisive role of Iran-Russia cooperation in solving regional problems.
For his part, President Putin urged the need for cooperation with Iran, as a friendly country, in all fields. Collaboration, regional developments and Iran's nuclear activities for peaceful purposes were high on the agenda of talks between the two officials.
Meanwhile on Friday, Larijani conferred separately with Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his counterpart Igor Ivanov on matters of mutual concern. The SNSC secretary arrived in Moscow on Friday to discuss issues of mutual interest with senior Russian officials.
- Official: Conditions "favorable" for final Iran nuclear deal
- Russian, Iranian presidents to meet in Bishkek in September
- Senior Iranian official in Russia for nuclear consultations
- Iranian president to meet senior European officials in Switzerland
- Syria: Senior official defects amid reports of Russian/Iranian scheme with opposition