Senior Israeli MP says Egypt is ''hostile factor''
The chairman of the Israeli Parliament's (Knesset) Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Tuesday rejected Egypt's mediation in the search for an Israeli-Palestinian cease-fire, terming Cairo a "hostile factor" to Israel and to the Mid-East peace process.
"What's happening is particularly serious because a factor hostile to Israel has entered the Palestinian domain, and it is equally hostile, in my opinion, to the peace process and that is Egypt," said Yuval Steinitz, a deputy from the Likud party. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mubarak, Sharon agree to meet; Syria, Lebanon say Israelis do not want peace
- Israeli lawmaker calls to deport Arafat, Abbas and Abu Mazen
- Report: Israel tries to prevent sales of advanced US weapons systems to Egypt, Saudi Arabia
- Jordan's King to Hold Separate Summits with Barak, Arafat Tuesday
- Knesset to Debate Bill Legalizing Obeid-Dirani Detention