Senior Shiite Cleric: Haifa Can Be Target If Israelis Strike Lebanon
Senior Shiite cleric Sayyed Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah said during a televised interview that any Israeli attack on Lebanon would be met with a military strike that “may reach Haifa”, a major port city in northern Israel.
Fadlallah said Israel’s threats to Lebanon were “unrealistic,” as it could not withstand the responsibility of opening a large new front, according to Beirut’s The Daily Star.
In addition, the cleric stated that the Lebanese had the right to confront the remaining Israeli occupation with all their power and that the resistance movement had “a lot of weapons, the effect of which Israel cannot withstand.”
The senior cleric also warned that, “The situation is no longer as it was previously since the atmosphere is one of war. Accordingly, any Israeli reaction will be met by a very large reaction on the part of the Islamic resistance movement”, the newspaper added. (Albawaba.com)
- Top Lebanese Shiite cleric dies
- US asks Israel to stop violating Lebanon's skies
- Israeli sources: Washington may dispatch envoy to mediate between Lebanon and Israel regarding water crisis
- Lebanon cabinet seeks ceasefire between Israel and Hizbullah
- Hizbullah hits northern Israeli towns as Israel calls up reserve soldiers