Senior US Official to Visit Paris on Wednesday to Discuss Mideast Crisis
The US special envoy to the Middle East, William Burns, will meet on Wednesday in Paris with senior French officials to discuss the growing Arab-Israeli crisis, official sources said Tuesday, cited by the official Kuwaiti news agency, KUNA.
Burns, a former ambassador to Jordan who was appointed Mideast envoy by President George W. Bush, will give his view on the latest developments and will also be informed of European deliberations in Brussels on Monday. On the French side, Burns will meet with the head of the Middle East department, Yves Aubin de la Messuziere.
According to the report, the talks will precede a meeting between Foreign Minister Hubert Vedrine and US Secretary Of State Colin Powell on the sidelines of the Group of Eight developed nations' talks in Italy at the end of the week – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mubarak to Dispatch Envoys to Discuss Mideast Crisis with US Officials
- Senior Israeli Diplomat To Inform Turkey on Middle East Crisis
- Arab Information Ministers to Discuss Mideast Crisis in Cairo Wednesday
- Hariri in Paris in Bid to Overcome Lebanon’s Economic Crisis
- Bush may Appoint Djeredjian as Special Mideast Envoy