SES ASTRA Expands Cooperation with GlobeCast to African Market
Contract signed for one transponder on ASTRA 4A / Launch of a new DTH platform
SES ASTRA, an SES company (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG), is expanding its successful cooperation with GlobeCast by signing a long-term agreement for the use of one transponder on ASTRA 4A. ASTRA 4A is located at 5 degrees East.
GlobeCast will use the capacity to extend its pan-African reach for worldwide broadcasters seeking to launch powerful Ku-band DTH services to address key African countries throughout the region.
“We are very pleased that GlobeCast has chosen ASTRA for the launch of its new DTH platform in Africa. GlobeCast is already a very strong and loyal partner of SES ASTRA in several markets across Europe, and this agreement represents another milestone in our successful cooperation and confirms our view that the African markets have tremendous potential for DTH broadcasting services,” said Alexander Oudendijk, Chief Commercial Officer of SES ASTRA.
*Source: ME NewsWire
*View this release online and download high resolution images and logos at:
- SES Orders Four New Satellites from Astrium
- SES ASTRA to offer ASTRA2Connect in the Middle East
- ASTRA launches its centralized purchasing and procurement with AREGON
- Pathfinder Launches Premium DTH Service across Nigeria with SES WORLD SKIES
- SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance