Settler shot dead in West Bank; Israeli forces pull out from Jenin
Palestinians shot and killed a settler Thursday afternoon. The shooting attack took place north of Ramallah, near the settlement of Ofra.
The settler, 20, had been taken to a Jerusalem hospital in serious condition from gunshot wounds to his chest, but later died of his wounds.
In another development, Israeli soldiers arrested two Palestinians, one of whom is a member of Hamas, during searches in the West Bank town of Bitunia, Israel Radio reported. During this raid, Israeli troops came under fire and responded with machine gun fire from tanks and helicopters.
Troops also withdrew from Jenin, after earlier in the day the army was reported to have gained control over most neighborhoods in this West Bank city. (Albawaba.com)
- Death Toll Rises to Nine Palestinians in Clashes with Israeli Troops on Friday
- Jewish Settler Killed in West Bank
- Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli fire in W. Bank, Islamic Jihad member dies of wounds
- Bomb Explodes near Jewish Settlement in Hebron, no Injuries
- Five Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank