Seven Palestinians, two Israelis killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip clashes
Three Palestinian fighters were killed Friday, after they tried to infiltrate the Gaza Strip settlement of Netzarim.
The Israeli army reported that three Palestinians opened fire on an army patrol on the Karni-Netzarim road. Soldiers returned fire, killing the three after a short chase.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces continued to occupy the area around the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun and the Jabalya refugee camp.
The army said in a statement the operation "was part of an attempt to...prevent the launching of Qassam rockets towards Israeli communities near the northern Gaza Strip."
Later on Friday, at least two Israelis were killed and eight were wounded when two Palestinians, members of Hamas, infiltrated the Jewish settlement of Kiryat Arba, near Hebron.
After a gunbattle, Israeli troops killed the two Palestinians. Reports said the Palestinians managed to infiltrate the settlement by dressing as religious Jews.
In a separate incident in the West Bank shortly after the Kiryat Arba attack, Israeli troops killed two Palestinians who approached the Jewish settlement of Negohot in south Hebron. (Albawaba.com)
- Four Palestinians, two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Second Palestinian Killed by Israeli Forces, Seven Israelis Wounded in Clashes
- Four Palestinians Killed, 35 Injured in Clashes with Israeli Forces in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- At Least Seven Palestinians, Two Israeli Soldiers Killed in Heavy Gaza Strip Clashes
- Seven Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank and Gaza Strip