Sharjah Museums Lure Over 83,000 Visitors
Visiting museums has become a popular pastime in the Emirate of Sharjah, al-Khaleej daily reports.
Last year a total of 83,543 people visited museums, of which 27,152 toured Sharjah Heritage Museum and other related heritage sites.
In 1999, Sharjah Islamic Museum attracted a total of 14,923 visitors, 2,329 more than the year before. Sharjah Archaeology Museum hosted 15,274 visitors last year.
About 50 percent of the museum fans are Asian expatriates, 15 percent locals and Arab residents and 20 percent foreigners.
To learn more about what Sharjah museums has to offer visit the following website: http://www.sharjahmuseums.com/page1.htm
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharjah Museums Department to welcome visitors during Eid
- Sharjah Museums Department announces Ramadan timings
- Sharjah Museums Department celebrates Eid Al Adha with various activities
- The Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization concludes its second ‘Outstanding Guide’ Programme
- “Ambassadors” exhibition inaugurated at Sharjah Art Museum