Sharon Criticizes ‘Egypt’s Negative Role’ in Regional Peace
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon sharply criticized the Egyptian position in Middle East peace efforts saying it was playing a "negative role" in the region, said The Jerusalem Post, citing Army Radio.
"The Egyptian army is arming itself to a significant extent despite the lack of justifying threats," Sharon said.
Sharon made the statements during a meeting with US officials in Washington, according to the report – Albawaba.com
- Mubarak Promises New Stance Toward Sharon if Call For US Aid-Cut Genuine
- Sharon Denies he Asked Bush Administration to Stop Aid to Egypt
- Mubarak Confident Sharon did not Act against Egypt in US
- Egyptian FM rejects Sharon comments on Cairo role in Middle East peacemaking
- Report: Mubarak postpones meeting with Sharon