Sharon: Israel has no plan to kill Arafat
Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said on Monday that he had no intention to order the Israeli Army to kill Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat.
"I don't see any plans to kill him although the man is responsible for the deaths of hundreds, of thousands of mostly civilians because his strategy is a strategy of terror," Sharon told a group of some 150 European
parliamentarians visiting Israel.
Israel Radio quoted Sharon as telling the lawmakers that Israel will agree to recognize a Palestinian state and at the third stage of the road map, will be willing to discuss settlements, borders and security zones. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat HQ Under Occupation; Powell: Israel Will Not Kill Arafat; Palestinian Groups Warn Israel
- Sharon aides: No imminent plans to kill Arafat
- Arafat Calls for Implementation of Tenet Plan, Israel Resists
- Sharon Slams Arafat, Offers to Meet Arab Leaders; Ultra-Hawkish Politicians Join Sharon Cabinet
- Quartet hails Sharon plan as two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip