Sharon: Israel not to accept nuclear Iran
Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon on Thursday said Israel will not accept a nuclear Iran. Speaking in a press conference in Tel Aviv, the Israeli leader said "Israel and other states will not accept a nuclear Iran. Everyone should understand that a nuclear Iran eill threaten not just Israel, but to other states in the Middle East".
He stressed that Israel has been in contact with the USA, which is leading the international effort against Iran's nuclear plans.
Asked if he sees a military option to stop Iranian nuclear plans, Sharon said "There is a military option (to deal with this issue), but before using it I am sure all diplomatic efforts to press Iran will be exerted. I hope such diplomatic efforts will be fruitful".
- The Devil We Know – Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower. Robert Baer. Crown Publishers (Random House), New York, 2008.
- Israel and Iran trade threats as Baradei announces Iran ”few months” from nuclear weapon
- Iran accepts compromise on agenda of nuclear conference
- Ahmadinejad aide: Iran ‘won’t accept threats’ during negotiations
- Iran nuclear crisis: Russia opposes sanctions, Israel warns Tehran