Sharon says Iran making every effort to possess nuclear arms
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said in comments published on Sunday that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and Europe were not doing enough to prevent Iran from developing nuclear arms.
In the interview with Newsweek magazine, the Israeli leader said "Iran is making every effort to possess a nuclear weapon. It seems that the steps taken by the IAEA and the Europeans are insufficient to stop Iran's nuclear program."
"The only real solution is a major international effort to exert economic and diplomatic pressure on Iran and to bring the issue to the U.N. Security Council, where sanctions can be imposed."
- President: Iran not looking for nuclear arms
- Sharon: Israel not to accept nuclear Iran
- IAEA chief presents Iran report as Tehran argues nuclear program is transparent
- Russia unmoved by Israeli pressure: Nuclear cooperation with Iran to continue
- Israel and Iran trade threats as Baradei announces Iran ”few months” from nuclear weapon