Sharon thanks Mubarak for Egypt help in returning remains of Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza
Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon spoke Thursday afternoon with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and thanked him for Egypt's assistance in returning the parts of Israeli soldiers' bodies, which were being held by Palestinian groups in the Gaza Strip.
Sharon asked Mubarak to convey his gratitude to Minister Omar Suleiman for making a special effort in this regard, Sharon's office stated.
On his part, Mubarak thanked Sharon for his remarks and stressed his "desire" to enhance bilateral cooperation in advancing the latter's diplomatic plan to withdraw from Gaza Strip, the Israeli statement said.
On Wednesday, Palestinian Islamic Jihad said that an agreement with the Israeli army was reached under which the remains of Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza last Tuesday, will be handed over to Israel in exchange for the occupation troops withdrawal from El-Zaytoun neighborhood in Gaza strip.
The agreement was reached through mediation from Egypt and Palestinian Authority, said Khedr Habib, an Islamic Jihad leader. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt's sport community thanks President Mubarak
- Israeli authorities to return remains of 119 Palestinians
- Two Palestinians Killed as Israeli Troops Open Fire on Motorists, Israeli Soldier Dies of Wounds
- Mubarak: Sharon a Man of War, Knows Nothing about Politics
- Sharon Threatens Palestinians of All-out War