Sheikha Madiya Al Maktoum visits Festival of Mask at Westminister School
Sheikha Madiya Bint Saeed Obaid Al Maktoum and her children, Sheikh Maktoum Bin Juma Ahmad Al Maktoum and Sheikha Hind Bint Juma Ahmad Al Maktoum, visited ‘The Festival of Mask’ at the Westminister School.
‘The Festival of Mask’, which was part of GEMS Parent Engagement week, displayed up to 6,000 masks created by GEMS students, parents, teachers, staff, principals and students of Al Noor Training Center for children with special needs.
Neville Sherman, Principal, The Westminister School, said: “It was a privilege and an honour for us to receive Her Highness and her children at the school. We are championing the use of arts for personal development and the support from Her Highness will encourage our students to continue to be creative and imaginative.”
The school held a charity auction to sell the masks to strengthen the international relief efforts for those affected by the devastating earthquake in Haiti.
“The festival was very successful in getting everyone together for a noble cause. The proceeds of the sale which totalled 8,000 will be given to support the rehabilitation work in Haiti,” Sherman added.
- gems students raise aed4 million for dubai cares
- Five GEMS students receive His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Cambridge Awards
- Dar Al Ber Society Orphanage Honours Dubai Airport Freezone
- Emirates NBD Supports the Bright Minds of Tomorrow
- Grandparents engage in student education at Dubai Modern High School