Shootout Between Palestinian Security Forces and Hamas Members in Gaza Strip Refugee Camp
Residents of the Gaza Strip Shati refugee camp were wounded early Wednesday morning, when a gun battle broke out between Palestinian Authority forces and Hamas.
According to reports, Palestinian forces arrived at the camp in order to arrest Ahmed Labed, who is identified as a prominent Hamas activist in the refugee camp.
Subsequent to the arrest, a group of Hamas members hid in a building which belongs to a United Nations welfare agency in the camp, and began shooting at the Palestinian officers.
Hamas blamed the Palestinian Authority for the incident, calling it a "crime that's meant to start a civil war." (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas kills Salafist supporter of Daesh after besieging home
- Hamas Member, Four Palestinian Policemen Killed by Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Explosion in Palestinian school near Hebron; Israeli forces arrest more than 20 Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Two members of Palestinian security force injured in refugee camp
- Israeli forces raid Khan Yunis refugee camp as UN Security Council fails to condemn Yassin assassination