Six Iraqis, including four policemen, killed in additional attacks, clashes
Iraqi fighters detonated a roadside bomb in a residential neighborhood in Baghdad on Friday, killing one policeman and wounding another, police said.
The explosion in the Amiriyah neighborhood came a day after Iraqi fighters launched coordinated attacks on several Iraqi cities that killed more than 100 people.
Elsewhere, three policemen were killed and one injured in an attack late Thursday on a police station in Baquba, northeastern Iraq, hospital and police sources said Friday.
"Three policemen were killed, including an officer, and another officer was injured in a rocket-propelled grenade attack at Hebheb," said doctor Nasser Kadhum Juhad.
Meanwhile, two people were killed and seven wounded in sporadic fighting between Iraqi fighters and US marines in the city of Fallujah overnight, the local hospital said on Friday.
"There were two people killed and seven injured," said an official at the general hospital in Fallujah, 50 kilometres west of Baghdad. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two U.S. security contractors die in Iaq copter accident
- Iraq: At least 12 dead including six in clashes with police
- Two Iraqi captives released as Fallujah clashes kill one, injure six
- 22 Iraqis, including policemen, killed west of Baghdad as Fallujah clashes leave at least 16 dead
- Iraq attacks: At least 27 dead, including 11 familiy members