Six Iraqis killed, many wounded in mortar attack at prison outside Baghad
A mortar attack at a prison outside Baghdad killed six Iraqis and injured more than 60, according to a US military spokesman.
Spc. Anthony Reinoso said someone fired two mortar rounds at the Abu Ghraib prison Saturday night, killing six Iraqis and wounding 67. "Three mortar rounds impacted the scene. Three prisoners died on impact and three others died in hospital," a U.S. Army spokesman said, according to Reuters.
- Five killed in Kirkuk, Baghad missile attack as missing Dane found dead
- 21 prisoners killed in mortar attack on Baghdad jail
- Mortar rounds strike Iraq army base, kill six
- Iraq: At least 37 killed, about 150 wounded in blasts, shooting incidents
- Blasts in Basra and Baghdad kill six Iraqis, wound others as U.S. troops shoot dead top Baghdad official