Six Iraqis killed, many wounded in mortar attack at prison outside Baghad
A mortar attack at a prison outside Baghdad killed six Iraqis and injured more than 60, according to a US military spokesman.
Spc. Anthony Reinoso said someone fired two mortar rounds at the Abu Ghraib prison Saturday night, killing six Iraqis and wounding 67. "Three mortar rounds impacted the scene. Three prisoners died on impact and three others died in hospital," a U.S. Army spokesman said, according to Reuters.
- Mortar attack kills US soldiers, wounds more than 30 as British soldier dies in Basra
- Five Iraqis killed in clashes, mortar attacks
- Baghdad: US Embassy under mortar attack as 10 Iraqis killed in firefights
- Iraq: Mortars kill at least four, US soldier dies of wounds
- Three US soldiers killed in fresh Iraq attacks