Six Iraqis, one US soldier killed in separate incidents
Resistance fighters fired a rocket at a logistical support area for occupation forces Thursday, killing one soldier and injuring seven, the US military said in a statement. The attack took place outside Baghdad, the statement said.
Elsewhere, American forces attacked a house in Fallujah on Thursday, the military said. Hospital officials said at least four Iraqis were killed and eight injured.
Intelligence reports indicated the house was being used by followers of Jordanian activist ind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the US military said in a statement, according to The AP. It was hit just before 5 a.m., the statement said.
Witnesses said two houses were flattened and four others damaged.
At least four Iraqis were killed, including two women and one child, and eight wounded, said Dr. Ahmed Khalil of the Fallujah General Hospital.
Meanwhile, gunmen killed a police official in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, provincial authorities said. Maj. Ghassan Mohammed, director of internal affairs for Abi Taman police station, was on his way to his office when the attack took place, said Hazim Jalawi, a provincial government spokesman. His driver was also killed. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: One US soldier dies as 16 Iraqis killed in US raids
- Baghdad: Five Iraqis dead as two occupation soldiers killed in attacks
- Iraq: US soldier dies, as at least 12 killed in fresh US attacks on Fallujah, Samarra
- More than 20 Iraqis, including women and children, killed in US attacks on Fallujah, Baghdad
- At least eight Iraqis killed in Fallujah clashes; Four dead in Blast