Six New Electricity Generating Stations to be Set up in Sinai
The Egyptian electricity and energy generating sector gives priority to supplying energy to the national project for cultivating 400,000 acres in Sinai, reported Al Ahram Daily.
The area will support three million people, confirmed Ali Saidi, Egyptian Minister of Electricity and Energy. Six electricity-generating stations produce the total capacity of 500,000 kilo volts needed for this project in addition to starting the test operation of the giant 650,000-kilo volt capacity Uyoon Moussa electricity generating station.
After a meeting held with top officials from the holding company for Egypt Electricity and Canal Electric Company, the minister said that the electricity sector has established a full electric network in Sinai connecting the north of the pennisula to its south, and from east to west, to supply the agricultural, industrial and residential projects there with power -- Albawaba.com
- Egypt Plans Power Plant to Facilitate Settling Millions in Sinai
- Mubarak and Kadhafi to Inaugurate the Electricity Interconnectivity Project
- Syrian Electricity Sector Needs Money
- Egypt gas supplies to Israel and Jordan cut again after blast
- US Energy Giant Enron to Build Electric Power Plant in Gaza Strip