Solar energy under the spotlight in Algeria
The university center of Khemis-Miliana has organized an open study event, from April 18 to April 19, focusing on the issue of "solar energy and its applications". The two-day event was inaugurated by the wali of Ain-Defla, and included a number of conferences and an exhibition, which presented some of the various applications of solar energy. Among the main items that were presented were a fresh water fountain, a water-heater, a lamp and a mini-station of pumping, whole of which based on solar energy.
<i>ElMoudjahid</i> reports that one of the key objectives of solar energy research, which was discussed during the event, was to find ways to make this inexhaustible energy accessible and affordable to all sectors in the country, public as well as domestic consumers.
- Solar Flair 09 predicts Feed-in Tariff to stimulate solar power in the UK
- “Eclipse” at Scientific Theatre of Algeria
- Ekotribe Launches Stand-Alone Solar Chargers from Voltaic Systems
- GE to spotlight cleaner and more efficient energy solutions at WETEX 2012 in Dubai
- Salutation to the sun: Saudi solar investment to provide third of country's energy