Somali National Gets Life for Murder of Italian Journalists
An Italian appeals court on Friday overturned the acquittal of a Somali national charged with murdering two Italian journalists, and sentenced him to life imprisonment, court officials said.
Hashi Omar Hassan, 26, was found guilty of killing state RAI television journalist Ilaria Alpi and her cameramen Milan Hrovatin in the Somalian capital Mogadishu in 1994.
The public prosecutor had appealed an earlier court ruling in July last year which found him not guilty -- ROME (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Father of Somali Convicted of Murder Speaks Out Against Verdict
- Italian Prosecutor Appeals Andreotti Acquittal on Murder Charge
- Glimpse of life in a Somali refugee camp
- Obama’s tactics on IS under scrutiny as the world looks to the ‘leader of the free world’ to give a lead
- List of the World’s Best Movies is Out