Son: Freed dissident Iranian cleric hospitalized
Dissident Iranian cleric Hossein Ali Montazeri was hospitalized only days after being freed from five years of house arrest for his criticisms of the regime, one of his sons said Wednesday.
"Ayatollah Montazeri felt pains in his chest on Monday evening and the doctors decided to hospitalize him on Tuesday for a series of tests," Ahmad Montazeri told AFP.
The dissident, aged 80, was expected to stay in intensive care in the hospital in the city of Qom until Friday, he said, adding that only relatives were allowed to visit. (Albawaba.com)
- Sons, aides of prominent Iranian dissident cleric detained
- Iran MP Calls for End to House Arrest of Dissident Cleric
- Iran foremost clerical dissident released from house arrest
- Ayatollahs Wage War on Internet: Montazeri.Com Vs. Montazery.Com
- Supporters of Dissident Iran Cleric Aiming to Form Political Party