Souad Massi album popular in Israel
The latest album of Algerian singer Souad Massi has gained unexpected success in Israel. This latest album was well received by the Israeli audience and the hit song No One But You" is aired on a local basis in an Israeli radio station.
Massi is a talented young guitarist and vocalist from Algeria, now based in Paris. She was born in 1972 and has spent a lot of time seriously studying music with the ambition to become a singer. Other members of her family are also performers. At one point Souad was in a flamenco band but this did not succeed.
In the past, she also performed jointly with an Israeli singer named Dikla.
- Aït Menguellet releases new album
- Souad Massi refuses to sing in Israel: "I have the right not to perform in a country which murders children"
- Take that, Tel Aviv! Here's why Souad Massi won't sing for you
- Kathem El Saher: I sang for Saddam Hussein only after receiving death threats
- Kathem El Saher wins BBC Radio 3 World Music Award