Sources: EU to add more Palestinian groups to terror list
The European Union will add the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) to a list of banned terrorist groups next week, EU sources said Friday.
They said that the groups would join the list of organizations whose assets must be frozen in all 15 EU member states.
The sources told Reuters that a third group, the smaller Palestinian Liberation Front, would also be added to the list. Islamic Jihad and the Hamas military wing are already on the list, created last December in the wake of the September 11 attacks on the United States.
The decision to add the new Palestinian groups will take place on Monday when EU foreign miniters meet in Luxembourg.
The EU decision, approved in secret by ambassadors this week, may be largely symbolic since none of the groups is thought to have substantial assets or networks in Europe. (Albawaba.com)
- EU adds three Palestinian groups to blacklist of terror organisations
- U.S. Adds Three More Groups to List of Foreign “Terrorist” Organizations
- Britain fails to put Hezbollah on EU terror list
- Chirac tells Peres Hizbullah to stay out of EU “terror” list; Nasrallah ready for ''serious'' prisoner swap talks
- Syria: Asma Assad to be added to EU sanction list as Russia denies arrival of warships