Sources: Moroccan King not to attend US-Arab summit
Morocco's King Mohammed VI will not attend the US-Arab summit in Egypt Tuesday, sources in Rabat said, according to AFP.
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak had invited the Moroccan monarch to the Sharm el-Sheikh summit which will be attended by US President George W. Bush, but sources in Rabat said that the king would be unable to make it because of a busy schedule.
The summit in the Egyptian Red Sea resort will gather Bush, Mubarak and Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmud Abbas with Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and kings Abdullah II of Jordan and Hamad bin Issa al-Khalifa of Bahrain. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan confirms Palestinian-Israeli summit in Aqaba; Syria excluded from US-Arab summit
- Cairo: Palestinian Prime Minister to attend Sharm el-Sheikh summit
- ''Mini Arab summit” planned to be held in Egypt Saturday
- Intensive diplomatic contacts between Arab leaders ahead of new summit
- Sources: Morocco king not to attend Arab Maghreb Union summit