Southern Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy, wounds 14 others
A 15-year-old Palestinian boy was killed and 14 Palestinians were wounded Wednesday when Palestinian fighters and Israeli forces clashed in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian hospital officials and eyewitnesses said.
The witnesses said the clash started when 20 Israeli tanks and bulldozers raided the Rafah refugee camp adjacent to the Egyptian border shortly after midnight.
Palestinians said that the Israeli incursion came after five mortar shells were fired at that Gush Katif bloc of settlements in the Gaza Strip overnight Tuesday.
Israeli military officials said Israeli forces fired five tank shells after soldiers came under heavy automatic rifle and anti-tank missile fire.
According to The AP, witnesses and Palestinian medics said the 15-year-old, who was unarmed, was killed by a tank shell that wounded 11 others. Hospital officials identified the dead youth as Mohammed Hamdan, a resident of the camp. (Albawaba.com)
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy, wounds seven others as Powell warns Israel on Arafat removal
- Israeli forces raid Gaza Strip town, two Palestinians, including boy, killed
- Israel kills four boys on Gaza beach, injures several others
- Israeli Tanks Fire 20 Shells at Rafah in Gaza Strip
- Palestinian Boy Killed in Gaza Clashes