Southern Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy, wounds 14 others
A 15-year-old Palestinian boy was killed and 14 Palestinians were wounded Wednesday when Palestinian fighters and Israeli forces clashed in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian hospital officials and eyewitnesses said.
The witnesses said the clash started when 20 Israeli tanks and bulldozers raided the Rafah refugee camp adjacent to the Egyptian border shortly after midnight.
Palestinians said that the Israeli incursion came after five mortar shells were fired at that Gush Katif bloc of settlements in the Gaza Strip overnight Tuesday.
Israeli military officials said Israeli forces fired five tank shells after soldiers came under heavy automatic rifle and anti-tank missile fire.
According to The AP, witnesses and Palestinian medics said the 15-year-old, who was unarmed, was killed by a tank shell that wounded 11 others. Hospital officials identified the dead youth as Mohammed Hamdan, a resident of the camp. (Albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: At least five Israeli soldiers killed in Palestinian attack on militay outpost
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip
- One Palestinian killed, 16 injured in southern Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- At least nine Palestinians killed by Israeli fire