Spokesman: Member of Iraq's Governing Council is out of danger
Iraqi Governing Council member Akila al-Hashimi who was seriously injured in an assassination attempt in Baghdad is out of danger, a spokesman for council president Ahmad Chalabi said Sunday.
"The doctor told us that her health is stable and that she is out of danger," said Entefadh Qanbar, quoting a doctor treating Hashimi.
However, "she still requires a lot of work before she recovers from her wounds," he added, according to AFP.
Hashimi's convoy was ambushed on Saturday near her Baghdad home. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: Chalabi survives assassination attempt in Baghdad
- Head of Iraq's Governing Council assassinated in central Baghdad car bombing attack
- Brother-in-law of Iraqi Governing Council member killed in blast as five Iraqis wounded northeast of Baghdad
- Member of Iraq's Governing Council shot as clashes reported in Fallujah
- Iraqi Council Member dies five days after assassination bid