State Property Department’s Seminar Highlights Attributes of Assets Storage Management System
The State Property Department at the Ministry of Finance and Industry (MOFI) recently organized a seminar in Dubai to highlight the second phase of implementing the storage and encoding management system, services classification, and assets recording for all ministries and federal departments. Were present at the seminar directors of financial and administrative affairs in the ministries and federal authorities.
Sheikh Muhammad Bin Thani Al Maktoum, Director of the State Property Department said: “We aimed through this seminar to keep all parties informed about this important management system and the status of its implementation”.
Participants were also informed of the required procedures from their end in implementing the second phase of the project. Specific implementation targets during this phase including warehouse and sites data entry and classification, and the fixed assets data entry were outlined.
“The participants were exposed to the workings of this integrated system for electronic storing that aims at establishing a central database for all federal departments and ministries according to the measures of The United Nations Standard Products and Services Code UNSPSC, which provides an open, global multi-sector standard for efficient, accurate classification of products and services,” added Al Maktoum.
As for the procedures the ministries and federal departments have to take in order to implement the second phase of the project, Al Maktoum pointed at the importance of assigning specific implementation and follow up teams in the ministries for better coordination with the MOFI team of the management and inventory system.
- The State Property Department organizes a number of training sessions to introduce the Annual Inventory System and Assets Data entry
- Dubai Municipality launches first phase of Engineering Projects Information Management System under the directives of H.H Sheikh Mohammed
- Implementation of eProject system for tracking federal government projects reviewed
- Dubai eGovernment launches survey to measure level of satisfaction of local departments with Government Resource Planning System
- dubai chamber to apply customers complaints system