Statement By Mr Hussein Al-Uzri, Chairman Of TBI, Following Explosions
"This attack on our headquarters in Baghdad, which has tragically cost the lives of five guards and wounded six others, was an act of cowardice by malevolent forces who wish to undermine the progress that Iraq is steadily making towards stability, peace and economic prosperity for all its people.
"The Bank offers its deepest sympathy, and its support, to the victims of this atrocity, and to their families.
"However, this cowardly attack was a failure. The Trade Bank of Iraq, and Iraq itself, are undeterred.
"The work of building Iraq's economic strength – which the Trade Bank of Iraq is doing so much, and very successfully, to support, and in which we are making significant progress year by year – goes on uninterrupted, as does the work of the Bank, which will be open for business as usual tomorrow."
- trade bank of iraq appoints british adviser sir claude hankes kcvo
- At least five killed in attack on Iraq Central Bank
- Thomson Reuters and Trade Bank of Iraq press briefing and photocall
- Eight dead in Baghdad as Gates arrives in Iraq
- Iraq PM vows to fight ''terrorism'' as at least 12 Iraqis killed in clashes, attacks