Sudan: Former rebel leader sworn in as First Vice-President
A former rebel leader was sworn in as Sudan's first Vice-President Saturday as a new power-sharing constitution came into force. John Garang will also head an autonomous administration due to run the mainly Christian south for a six-year interim period leading up to a promised referendum on independence.
- Sudan: Some 30 die after vice president killed in helicopter crash
- WFP MOURNS LOSS OF SUDAN’S FIRST VICE PRESIDENT JOHN GARANG
- Sudan's First Vice-President to visit Egypt, Saudi Kingdom, Qatar
- Algerian president - only Arab leader to attend Sudan peace ceremony
- Sudan Development Program looking to further Sudan’s economic reintegration