Sudan, Uganda to upgrade diplomatic representation
Uganda and Sudan have decided to upgrade diplomatic representation between the two countries to the ambassadorial level.
The move came in light of talks Sudanese president Omar Hassan al-Bashir held in Kampala Saturday night with leader of the rebel movement John Garang at the invitation of Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni, according to Qatar News Agency.
The two countries agreed to secure their borders and halt attacks launched by Ugandan rebels from bases inside Sudanese territories. (Albawaba.com)
- Sudan, Uganda begin negotiations on military accord renewal
- Historic event in Uganda: Sudan president meets rebels leader
- Sudanese-Ugandan Ministerial Committee to Meet Mid-September
- Four-Nation Meeting in Khartoum to Discuss Sudanese-Ugandan Ties
- Sudan, Uganda Make Fresh Pledges Towards Normalizing Relations