Sudanese Deputy Defense Minister, 14 Top Echelon Officers Killed in Air Crash
A Sudanese minister of state at the defense ministry and 14 senior army officers were killed in an air crash during an internal flight, reported Al Jazeera satellite channel.
AFP quoted the Sudanese TV and Radio as saying that the deputy defense minister, and 14 high ranking officers were killed when their military plane crashed.
Colonel Ibrahim Chams Eddine, as well as 11 generals, another colonel and a lieutenant, according to an armed forces statement read on television and radio, cited by the agency.
The television said the plane veered off the runway after landing at an airport in Upper Nile state, near the country's oil fields, on a mission to inspect government troops based in the region – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sudan Denies Military Cooperation with Iraq
- Sudan: At least 100 dead in plane crash
- Deputy commander of Israeli Apache helicopter gunship squadron killed in plane crash
- Eight Yemeni soldiers and officers killed in helicopter crash
- Bodies of 20 Egyptian Officers Killed in US Plane Crash being Repatriated