Sudanese Government Reported Having Secret Talks with Opposition
Negotiations and secret contacts are currently going on between the government and six factions of the opposition Sudanese Congress, reported Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), quoting official in charge of external relations at the Umma Party Mubarak al-Fadhel Saturday.
Al-Fadhel stressed the factions' readiness to join in the ruling authority in case of agreement on basic and strategic issues, including peace, development, democracy and peaceful exchange of power, said KUNA.
Meanwhile, head of the Umma Party, Sadiq Mahdi, welcomed efforts aimed at holding a meeting between the government and the congress, noting that dialogue was a positive step, added the agency – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sudanese Opposition Mulling Peace Plan
- Nasrallah "secretly" meets Khamenei for Tehran talks: discuss Syria crisis
- Thousands of Sudanese Cheer Opposition Leader's Return from Exile in Egypt
- Sudanese President Urges Opposition Umma Party to Join New Government
- Ambassador: Eritrea will Not Deport Sudanese Opposition