Sudanese Information Minister: Negotiations with popular movement to resume soon
Sudanese minister of information Al-Zahawi Ibrahim Malik said negotiations between the Sudanese government and the popular movement, headed by John Garang are expected to be resumed shortly, according to the Saudi Press Agency.
In a statement announced in the Egyptian capital of Cairo on Thursday, Malik said that the Sudanese government would remain keen on voluntary unity between the North and South of Sudan. (Albawaba.com)
- Sudanese Information Minister: Fighting in south was defensive
- Sudanese president promises no quick fixes to economic woes
- Israeli, Palestinian Negotiators Head for Washington in Efforts to Revive Peace Talks
- South Sudan economy in tatters
- Immeasurable dangers facing Libya's economy over perpetual oil shutdown