Sudanese leader to visit Egypt
Sudan's President Omar al-Basheer is scheduled to visit Egypt on Wednesday in order to hold talks with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. The talks are expected to deal with the latest developments in the Palestinian issue as well as bilateral relations.
In addition, the Egyptian-Sudanese summit is expected to deal with Egypt’s efforts in reaching national reconciliation in Sudan through the Egyptian-Libyan initiative, which was accepted by all Sudanese parties, according to Kuwait News Agency.
The supreme Egyptian-Libyan joint committee is expected to hold their 8th session meeting in the Egyptian capital between May 17-18 chaired by Egyptian Prime Minister Dr. Atef Ubeid and the Secretary General of the Libyan popular committee, Mubarak al-Shamekh.
The committee is expected to review Libyan-Sudanese ties in all fields, such as freedom of movement, residency, labor, oil, agriculture and other important matters. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian-Libya Committee Convenes Tuesday in Tripoli
- Egyptian FM Meets with Sudanese Rebel Leader ahead of US Delegation's Visit
- Egyptian-Libyan Summit Expected This Week
- Sudan's First Vice-President to visit Egypt, Saudi Kingdom, Qatar
- Sudan’s President Visits Egypt Sunday for Bilateral, Regional Issues