Sudanese President sends letter to Saudi Crown Prince
Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz received on Sunday a letter from Sudanese President Omar Hassan Al-Bashir concerning latest developments in Sudan.
Visiting Sudanese Foreign minister Mustafa Othman Ismail submitted the letter. Sudanese Diplomatic sources told the Kuwait News Agency that the letter included a detailed explanation of the Sudanese Government's position on suspending the negotiations with the Sudan's Popular Liberation Army (SPLA), led by John Garang, after capturing the strategic city of Torit by the SPLA.
Ismail's visit comes within an international campaign launched by the Sudanese Government to explain views regarding the Machakos agreement. Earlier, Ismail had submitted a similar letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
The Sudanese Government suspended last week negotiations with the SPLA and declared a mobilization to liberate the city of Torit. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat sends letter to Saudi Crown Prince
- Saudi Crown Prince sends cable to Syrian President
- Saudi Arabian ambassador to deliver letter from Crown Prince to US President
- Saudi Crown Prince Receives Sudan Vice President
- Saudi Crown Prince, Sudanese President Have Phone Conversation amid Crisis in Khartoum