Suicide bomber killed thirty at Iraqi wedding
Suicide bomber kills at least 16 in Baghdad, during a wedding (photo by Sabad Arar/AFP/File)
At least 30 people were killed in a suicide attack in the Iraqi city of Fallujah on Thursday, witnesses and security sources said.
A suicide bomber driving a car laden with explosives blew himself up at a wedding in Amiriyat Al-Fallujah district in Anbar province, the sources said.
Some 45 people were said to have been injured. The death toll could rise due to the number of people seriously hurt in the explosion, the sources said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast.
The militant group Daesh, which was pushed out of the city in the summer, has carried out similar attacks in the past.
The bombing comes as Iraqi forces in other parts of the country apply pressure to Daesh, trying to force it out of Mosul and threatening to cut off supply lines to the group's de facto capital in nearby al-Raqqa, Syria.
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has vowed to drive the extremist group out of the country this year.
- British ISIL suicide bomber kills eight in Iraq
- Daesh suicide bomber kills 20 at Kurdish wedding in Syria
- This cat is da bomb! Terrorists attempt to use cat as suicide bomber
- Daesh suicide bomber kills two Iraqi generals in Anbar
- Iraq: Bomb attack on Tikrit wedding kills 30, while Daesh loses Mosul prison