Suicide Bombing Attack in Jerusalem; Scores of Israelis Injured
A huge explosion was reported in central Jerusalem at approximately 12:25 P.M (local time). The explosion took place on Jaffa Street, close to Sbarro restaurant on the corner on King George Street.
There are reports that at least 95 Israelis wounded. Three people were seriously wounded, six suffered moderate wounds.
Jerusalem police chief Miki Levy told Army Radio that according to initial findings the source of the blast was a suicide bomber.
This is the second attack less than one week in the same area. Two Israelis were killed and dozens wounded when an armed Palestinain opnened fire at the lower end of Jaffa Street last week. (albawaba.com)
- Suicide Bombing Wounds 12 in Central Jerusalem
- Suicide Bomber Killed, Dozens Injured in Jerusalem Bomb Blasts
- Bus attack in Jerusalem: at least 19 killed, scores injured; Hamas identifies bomber
- Three Killed, Scores Injured in Suicide Bombing in Turkey
- Initial Report: Palestinian Woman Carries Out Suicide Bombing Attack Near Jerusalem; Two Israeli Policemen Injured