Suspect arrested for Beirut bomb attack
Civilians and army soldiers gather at the site of a twin suicide bombing in Burj al-Barajneh, in the southern suburbs of the capital Beirut. (AFP/File)
The General Security announced on Saturday that it arrested a suspect linked to the November 2015 suicide attacks in the southern suburbs of Beirut.
It said that it detained Aa.Aa.Y. for transporting one of the bombers to the blast site.
On November 12, two suicide attacks rocked a busy shopping street in Beirut's southern suburb of Bourj al-Barajneh, killing 43 people and wounding over 239 others.
The extremist Daesh group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Media reports later in November said that one of the individuals who had transported the bombers was killed in an ambush by the Syrian army and Hezbollah fighters in Syria.
He was identified as Abdul Salam Abdul Razzaq al-Hindawi.
- Lebanon issues arrest warrant for suspect in Nov. Beirut bombing
- Lebanese authorities arrest suspect involved in Iranian embassy bomb attack
- Fourth Beirut bombing suspect says he was sent by Daesh
- Lebanese security arrests Syrian suspect in Iranian cultural center attack
- Istiklal bomber suspected to be linked to Daesh