Symantec Announces 2010 Winners at Annual Reseller Partner Awards
Symantec last night held its 2010 Middle East and North Africa Partner Summit at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Dubai. The annual awards ceremony pays tribute to the outstanding achievements of its partner community. For the second year running, Mideast Data Systems (MDS), Saudi Arabia was recognised as Symantec Reseller Partner of the Year 2009 for the Middle East and North Africa.
The partner awards are held annually by Symantec in recognition of its MENA partners' overall performance in revenue, investments and certifications over the past year. Johnny Karam and Ramzi Itani presented the award to the team at MDS Saudi Arabia, commending the company for its commitment to Symantec and for remarkable achievement in terms of service delivery, skills development, business development and customer relations. MDS also achieved the highest revenue targets in Symantec MENA's fiscal year FY10.
Additional awards were presented to:
- Al Falak Distribution: Volume Distributor of the Year FY10;
- Aptec Gulf: Value Distributor of the Year FY10;
- Anas Rasheed, Mindware Saudi Arabia:Outstanding Individual Contributor FY10 - Distribution;
- Seven Seas: SMB Solutions Partner FY10;
- Alia Hussain, Aptec Gulf: Outstanding Individual Contributor FY10 – Small Business;
- Seven Seas: Symantec Hosted Services Partner of the Year FY10;
- Versatile Solutions: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- International Turnkey Solutions: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- Help AG: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- Protechnology Jordan: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- Condo Protego: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- ProTechnology UAE: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- Value Added Solutions: Outstanding Achievement Partner FY10;
- Dell Computers: Alliance Partner of the Year FY10;
- MDS Saudi Arabia: Partner of the Year FY10;
"Our partners have made an excellent contribution over the past year in presenting Symantec's expansive security, availability and information management portfolio to businesses in the Middle East," said Ramzi Itani, channel manager for the Middle East and North Africa, Symantec. "These awards recognise those in the channel who have consistently delivered a superior service to customers during FY10. Looking forward, we are encouraging our partners, through Symantec's latest Partner Program enhancement, to specialize in Symantec's solutions and services. This year we aim to provide our Middle East partners with new tools and incentives to drive their regional growth and profitability."