Symantec launches Backup Exec 12.5 in the Middle East at Gitex 2008
Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced the latest release of its Backup Exec product family at Gitex 2008. Backup Exec 12.5 provides comprehensive data and system recovery of virtual and physical systems and support for the Windows Server 2008 portfolio. Symantec also adds new Backup Exec systems management and enhanced storage flexibility for heterogeneous environments, allowing organizations to easily protect their data and systems as they grow. The product is being demonstrated at Symantec’s stand in Hall 2, stand number C7-1, by VMware, one of the company’s long-standing partners.
As an increasing number of IT organizations, especially in the GCC, are deploying virtualization into their production environments, they are faced with new data protection challenges, such as backing up virtual machines, meeting strict Recovery Time Objectives and managing these complex environments. As a result, organizations need an efficient and flexible approach to protecting their data and systems within both physical and virtual environments, while reducing server, network and storage requirements and improving recovery time and reliability.
“The latest release of Backup Exec is the next significant proof point for how Symantec is redefining Next Generation Data Protection,” said Gareth Fraser-King, Senior Manager, Product Marketing, Symantec. “Symantec offers the most complete data protection solutions and our users are confident that Backup Exec will protect, manage and recover their mission critical data and physical as well as virtual systems.”
Pricing and Availability
• Backup Exec 12.5 has a suggested price of $995 USD for a media server license. Each additional agent or option can vary in price from $395 USD to $3,195 USD MSRP; Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 has a suggested price of $1,095 USD per server and $69 USD per workstation; Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager has a suggested price of $1,995 USD
• Backup Exec 12.5 and Backup Exec System Recovery will be available worldwide in the fall of 2008; Symantec Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager 12.5 is scheduled to be available in the second half of Symantec’s 2009 fiscal year.
• Symantec Backup Exec and Veritas NetBackup made up 46 percent of the overall backup/recovery market in 2007 (Source: Gartner, Inc. “Dataquest Insight: Enterprise Distributed System Backup/Recovery Market, Worldwide, 2007” by Alan Dayley and Dave Russell, July 16, 2008)
• Symantec Backup Exec was awarded the MSExchange.org Readers’ Choice Award in the Exchange Backup & Recovery category – based entirely on visitors’ votes (May 2008)
• Veritas NetBackup was awarded the “Best of VMWorld 2007” for its support of VMware
- Symantec showcases integrated backup and deduplication appliances at GITEX 2012
- Symantec to Deliver Deduplication Everywhere to Mid-Sized Businesses with Backup Exec 2010
- Mindware nabs 4 awards at Symantec’s 2010 Middle East and North Africa Partner Summit
- STME to showcase complete line of industry-leading solutions at GITEX 2008